Founded in 1923, the Kentucky Ornithological Society (KOS) strives to create and increase interest in Kentucky birds, and to support bird conservation.
KOS members participate in field trips and bird counts, attend spring and fall meetings, and report sightings online. Members receive the quarterly publication, The Kentucky Warbler.
We invite you to explore this website to find out about our many resources and activities for Kentucky birders.
Become A KOS Member
If you are not already a member, please consider supporting KOS by becoming a member today. Benefits include:
- Your membership helps KOS with its mission to support birds, birding and conservation in Kentucky.
- Members receive four issues of our newsletter The Kentucky Warbler each year.
- Two KOS meetings are held each year a year at a prime Kentucky birding location and all members are invited to attend.
And best of all, being a KOS member is fun! KOS is an inclusive organization and we welcome all people as members and guests. Please join us!!
Donate to KOS
Please consider donating to one or more of our endowment funds for ornithology-related research, conservation and education. Donations to KOS support our mission of promoting birds, birding and conservation in Kentucky.
Your donation can be directed to the area of most need — we will apply your donation where it is needed — or you can select specific funds that you want to support.
Apply for a grant from KOS
KOS offers grants from four endowment funds. Grants are avalable to help fund:
- Educational programs (Stamm Fund)
- Basic scientific research (Monroe Fund)
- Publication of research (Wilson Fund)
- Fellowships and scholarships (Wilson Fund)
- Support for young birders wanting to attend ABA Camps (Kingsolver Fund)
Do you want to learn more about KOS Funds and how to apply for a KOS grant? Start here!
For general inquiries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, your email will be directed to the appropriate party.
More specific contact information can be found on our Contact Us page.